Saturday, September 15, 2007

Does he think he's a good baseball player, or something?

"The game continued on its downhill spiral for the Mets when Lo Duca fumed at a called third strike to end the ninth. After arguing for a few seconds, he started to walk away. But he continued to talk, and that earned him an ejection from plate umpire Paul Emmel.

'If you're going to throw me out, throw me out with your face to me,' Lo Duca said. 'Don't throw me out when I'm walking away.' "

If I understand the description of events correctly, you were thrown about because you were walking away. Like, Lo Duca was unwilling to speak to the umpire's face and this was perceived as disrespectful.

Lo Duca fascinates me.

I can't recall a player with such a difference between the size of their bat and the size of their mouth.

No comments: