Friday, April 11, 2008

The scrutiny comes with the salary ...

... I understand the phenomenon.

Yet, in the interest of fairness and accuracy, I wonder if Mike Lupica, while whimsically "shootin' from the lip," will point out that Alex Rodriguez had almost as many hits last night as "Big Papi" has the entire season.

"When most hitters try to stay above the Mendoza Line, they're referring to Mario Mendoza. Forget Mario: Big Papi could take some hitting lessons from Ramiro Mendoza!

Most ballplayers are slumping if their batting average is less than their weight. Big Papi isn't even hitting the weight of one of his own bowel movements!


Speaking of dumps, the next time I read a heartfelt eulogy to Shea Stadium will be one too many.

Somebody in my family had a birthday recently.

Whatever changes were made between the second and third seasons of 'Lost,' I have a suggestion for the writers: It's about time you 'found' it again.

I can not tell the difference between Rilo Kiley and Miley Cyrus. Talk about a Teenage Wasteland: I'll just stick with Baba O'Riley!

Also, buy my book."

No comments: