Thursday, October 16, 2008

Personally, I will miss you.

"Two days later, Dodgers manager Joe Torre was still being second-guessed about the way he used his bullpen in Game 4 of the NL championship series.

No problem, he said."

He will not answer one question directly.


" 'This time of year, it's not unusual,' Torre said Wednesday before Game 5. 'Everybody who's a baseball fan always has an idea of what you should do, which is great. It goes with the territory.' "


Not interested in your mental well being. Only interested in why you burned up three lefties while Matt Stairs was still on Philly's bench.


" 'You don't base decisions on, "What am I going to say?" You make decisions based on trying to win a game.' "


Right.

So why did you take out Derek Lowe so early?


" 'If there are things I have to answer for, so be it.' "


Still waiting for you to answer.


" 'The thing I was surprised about was all the Derek Lowe stuff,' Torre said. 'We had a two-run lead entering the eighth. I'll take that every day of the week. We got the lead (in the bottom of the fifth). It was a long inning.' "

You still haven't answered the question.

As for the two-run lead entering the eighth, I'm sure the Phillies were happy with a two-run lead exiting the ninth.


" 'I had no second thoughts about what happened the other day,' Torre said. 'It's a lot worse to second-guess yourself.' "


Nice.

Lesson learned.

Never second-guess yourself.

Meanwhile, I'm willing to bet that Torre had no idea that Matt Stairs was on the Phillies.

No comments: