Monday, October 13, 2008

Torre loves Manny Ramirez more than he loves Derek Jeter.

Jeter got hit about 1,000 times when Torre was his manager. I think he actually led the league. Torre never retaliated.

I remember when Ken Huckaby dislocated Jeter's shoulder and Roger Clemens may have even been pitching for the Yankees. Torre didn't retaliate.

One time, as a member of the Red Sox, Manny hit a HR off Scott Proctor and admired it at home plate for about fifteen minutes. Torre said he didn't see it because he was watching the ball.

Now, with the Dodgers, Manny gets buzzed once and Torre retaliates.

Even if the batter the Dodgers chose is 5' 2" and weighs 90 pounds.


So, Torre finally grows a pair.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or calm myself down with a nice, delicious cup of green tea.

No comments: