Friday, April 06, 2012

Of course, I knew Robertson should have started the ninth. I was yelling at my television that exact thing: "Don't bring in Mariano."

I have been saying that for 16 years, for crying out loud.


First recap I hear about today's game ... some guy named Chris Moore on WFAN ... a Good Friday fill-in host perhaps? ... says the Yankees are in trouble if they stick with the routine and ignore what's in front of their eyes.

Robertson should have started the ninth.

Yankee fans shouldn't be worried about Mariano per se, but they should be worried if the Yankees are unwilling to deviate from the formula.


Well, you know what? One day, Mariano will lose it. It is inevitable.

Maybe this is the day.

Maybe this is the year.

But it's hard to take these concerns seriously when I've been hearing it every time he has blown a save since 1997.


If he is finally finished and Robertson is out-pitching him, then the Yankees won't sit idly by while the team slides into third place.

You can ask Bernie and Jorge, among others, about the Yankees' priorities.


Besides, what is there to worry about? Ibanez is on pace for 648 runs batted in.

No comments: