Monday, September 07, 2020

The Yankees might miss the playoffs.

I'm a numbers guy ultimately, and it's no surprise that the Yankees' wOBA is ranked low, but this is the first time Boone has faced adversity. 

 

he closest he has come to a rah rah speech is this?:

" 'We've got to be in the mindset that tomorrow's an important day. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. I do think that's crystal clear, not only with myself but our entire team,' Boone said. 'The opportunity still that lies in front of us, that's very much attainable and very much in our grasp. But we gotta go play well. And if we play well, with our group, I'm confident that we'll get to where we need to be.

'But it starts with playing well [Monday],' Boone said."

I truly wonder, what was the game of the 60-game season that wasn't important?

As a fan, it seems like you're just verifying what I've been accusing you of.

 

I'm a Yankee fan. I root for the Yankees. Everyone else in baseball is rooting against the Yankees.

These young, hungry teams in the AL East are taking it to them, simple as that.

The Blue Jays I haven't really paid attention to, but the Rays are athletic and play smart. They said they were going to be the Yankees head to head and that's what they did.

The Yankee identity in 2020 is fat and lazy.


No comments: