Monday, September 07, 2020

The Legend of Bob Kammeyer resurfaces.

My father always told me about the guy who had an ERA of infinity for one season.

Didn't get anybody out, made a ruckus when angrily leaving the mound (if I recall correctly), and never pitched again in the big leagues.

Note to Adam Ottavino: It's not good when you're compared to Bob Kammeyer.

 

I also think it's funny how the oddsmakers and pundits don't seem to get the message. 

I sometimes pay attention to the odds, and this is the first game I can recall the Yankees being labeled as underdogs just about the entire season (correctly, as it turns out). I could have cleaned up picking the Yankee opponents all season.

The Yankees have a .500 record and a .500 "expected" record.

Yet they're still given, like, a 94% chance of making the playoffs.


No comments: