Thursday, September 24, 2020

I wish I could agree with Mike Lupica in this case.

"If Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton are healthy when the first round of the playoffs begin for them next week, it means both of them get a do-over on the short season with an even shorter one. No one will care that through Tuesday's 12-1 win vs. the Blue Jays, the two of them combined had played just 44 of the Yankees’ 55 games. Nobody will care how much time they spent on the injured list last season, when Stanton missed 144 games and Judge missed 60 after missing 50 the year before."

I just think no one cares.

I don't expect much from the Yankees, Judge, Stanton, or MLB.

We'll hopefully get a complete do-over next year.

Lupica is talking about Reggie and Mickey, but 2020 is the year in which legends will not be made. I'm going to watch the playoffs just because it's more interesting than Outer Limits reruns. But no one is giving the champion any legitimacy.

No comments: