Tuesday, November 09, 2004

2004 NL Cy Young Comparison.

The baseball writers vs. a poll of me and my friends:


Them
Us
Name....................Points..........Name.....................Points..........
Roger Clemens140Roger Clemens16
Randy Johnson97Randy Johnson8
Roy Oswalt19Jason Schmidt8
Jason Schmidt13Eric Gagne3
Carlos Zambrano8Ben Sheets3
Carl Pavano6John Smoltz1
Eric Gagne3

Brad Lidge1

Ben Sheets1


The table looks sloppy, I don't quite get how to format a table on this thing. Me and my friends voted in a similar manner as the sportswriters. It was very close.

Gosh. I never knew me and my friends were such idiots.


2 comments:

Kathy @ Clever Girl Organizing said...

Intriguing. I guess my ballot is still in the mail. It must be provisional.

I forgot. Girls don't know anything about baseball, besides "Derek Jeter's Cute."

I mean, he is, but, that's not my point...

Darren Felzenberg said...

Still time to add your voice to NL Cy Young, AL MVP, and NL MVP if you really want to. However, if you don't vote for Bonds, I may have to spank you with a ruler. I only ask for top three because asking for top five was apparently too much to ask.

I can't defend my poll. Some years I do it, some years I don't, no consistency in the people I ask, and most people don't even answer back. My dad wasn't even included in this year's poll, but my softball coach from ten years ago was included, even though he voted for Juan Pierre as NL MVP.