Monday, February 18, 2008

How about fielding practice? When's the last time the Yankees took pregame fielding practice?

" 'It's different,' Jorge Posada said. 'Joe Torre was probably the best there was. For me, he was a father figure and we're going to miss him dearly. He was a great man. But ...'

'I wanted Joe [Torre] to be here,' Mariano Rivera said. 'I played for him for 12 years and I'll miss his friendship and logic and wisdom about the game. But ...'

... It was time to move on. That's the party line, and Posada and Rivera were eager to repeat it yesterday.

'Girardi's a hands-on guy,' Posada said. 'He's going to be a little more critical, and it's gonna be a little tougher for us than it had been in the past. He's very energetic. So I think we're going to have a lot of energy coming from the manager.'

The implication was the living had gotten easy under Torre.
"

No comments: