Saturday, February 02, 2008

No mention of the 1-3 playoff record.

With or without Santana, the Mets ought to be favored to win the NL East. They've been favored to win the NL East for a while now. How many $100 million contracts are on their payroll?

I don't know if Klapisch himself is responsible for the link, but the link says, "Mets have sealed ticket to postseason." While it's admirable to some extent to express your opinions forcefully, the first reason the Mets might miss the postseason is injuries. Start there with possible reasons the Mets might miss the playoffs.

As for Santana, just how good does Klapisch think he's going to be?:

"Given that he'll be pitching in a fly ball stadium with the gifted Carlos Beltran in center, Santana could well finish the season with an ERA in the low to mid-2's. Obviously, he'll more than compensate for Tom Glavine's departure."

Low to mid-2's?

I think Santana is an obviously great pitcher and an obviously great pickup for the Mets. One of the favorites to win the NL Cy Young.

But an ERA in the low to mid-2's?

I'll believe it when I see it.


Let's talk now about the Yankees! It's a rule. When you talk about the Mets, you always have to talk about the Yankees:

"'I'm disappointed, I'm still kind of disappointed,' Hank Steinbrenner said.'I could've gotten [Santana], but I listened to my partner [Hank] and my general manager.'"

Does Hank Steinbrenner have a partner named [Hank]?

No comments: