Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Pedro Should be a Yankee.

Can't argue with Shaun Powell, but I absolutely think Dominant Unit is coming soon.

Unit says he typically gets stronger as the year progresses and his career stats support this notion. Unit's fastball seems to have more MPH each start and he has already shown that his slider can still be unhittable.

So, while Unit has not been dominating against the Red Sox (2-0, 4.26) or the rest of the league (3-3, 3.88), he has been pretty good and better things seem to be on the way.

I'm not 100% sure Pedro would have come to the Yankees. It's impossible to know for sure. I also don't know if the Yankees could have afforded every starting pitcher they wanted.

If forced to choose, I'd have probably taken Pedro over Unit (ignoring all that Who's Your Daddy nonsense).

Then I'd trade Kevin Brown for Roger Clemens and Carl Pavano for Tim Hudson. Now the rotation is set.

No comments: