Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm repeating myself because Lupica's repeating himself.

I apologize for the redundant nature of my blog.

Just for kicks, I checked the March '05 and March '06 archives, looking for proof of more anti-Mariano garbage.

I quickly found Mike Lupica on March 27, 2005:

"If you aren't worried about what kind of shape Mo Rivera's right arm is going to be in by October, then you're nuts."


April 28, 2006 (though this isn't Lupica):

"Yanks' closer not nearly what he once was, but manager still overusing him."


There were a couple more from April 2005 with Klapisch and the Daily News pronouncing the end of Rivera's career. It's tough to verify with dead links.

Point being, this has been going on for ten years.

As soon as Mariano blew a save in the '97 playoffs, he proved he couldn't handle Wetteland's role.

No comments: