Monday, March 12, 2007

You just can't win.

Why am I a baseball fan?

I'm not really sure why.

Somehow, when I was a child, I became completely transfixed with the in-game drama. Over the years, I developed a passionate rooting interest in one team, but I can also enjoy and appreciate baseball between any two teams -- as long as my favorite team's highly-paid players are not risking injury in the World Baseball Classic.

Way, way, way down on the list is "bragging rights":

"The Yankees still get more of the media coverage," Ben said. The others nodded. "We're still not 50-50 with them. Call it 60-40. We're coming on."

Just be careful what you wish for, Ben.

Because, the better your team plays, the more media coverage they will get. The more media coverage they get, the greater the possibility that Mike Lupica asks you questions while you wait in line for tickets.

No comments: