Sunday, March 04, 2007

So I could be a hitting coach.

"Even in spring training, Jason Giambi sees 'The Shift.' And he expects opposing defenses to continue to move an extra infielder to the right side when he bats because of his tendency to pull the ball.

But Giambi and the Yankees are working this spring on having him go back to using the entire field."

" 'It's to be a better hitter, so that you're more consistent,' hitting coach Kevin Long said yesterday. 'I don't think we're doing this to combat the shift. That's not what it's about.' "

" 'It's what he did when he was an MVP. It's what he did when he was at his best. It's what he wants to do and I want to see him accomplish it.' "

Somebody on the Yankees realized that Giambi should hit the ball more to the left side of the field, like he did when he hit .342?

I suddenly feel so important.

For the past five years, I thought my shouts from the bleachers seats were going unheeded.

While we're at it, "What are you swingin' at?"

My work here is done.

No comments: