Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Duh Logic.

Thanks to my friend and legit Brewer fan Scuba for directing my attention to this monstrosity.

"In concept, the Ultimate Fantasy Draft is pretty simple: If you were starting a team from scratch, which players would you build around?"

In concept, it's pretty simple. In practice, it's pretty dopey.

Check out the top ten.

Alex Rodriguez is 10th and David Wright is 8th.

The 9th-best player on the Mets is the 8th-best player in baseball.


Yes, I know, I know. The argument is framed so it is rigged towards younger, cheaper players. It's not really asking who's the "best" player, per se, in 2007.

But, still: Wright should simply not be ahead of ARod on any list of good baseball players.


I'm quite perplexed by the lowered expectations for Wright. Last year at this time, he was supposedly an MVP candidate on a fast route to Cooperstown.

Now, the general sentiment seems to be that Met fans shouldn't worry because he will rebound and hit .295 with 25 homeruns and 90 rbis.

Gee, whiz. Even I think he'll do better than that throughout his career. Ty Wiggington could have done 90% of that for 1/10th the pricetag.

No comments: