Sunday, December 16, 2007

If you really wanted to help the team, you should have taken steroids.

I was being sarcastic when I said that Pettitte would take the "team" angle:

"I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow. I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible. For this reason, and only this reason, for two days I tried human growth hormone."


I hereby nominate Pettitte to the Jay Gibbons Hall of Fame:

"Earl Ward, the attorney for Brian McNamee, the trainer who gave the Mitchell investigators the information on Pettitte and Clemens, was not shocked that Pettitte would confess to his actions.

'One of the things Brian has always said to me is that Andy is a decent and honest guy, and it is not a surprise that he has stepped up,' Ward said."


Or maybe just the Greatest Human Ever Hall of Fame:

"According to the Yankees media guide, Pettitte and his wife 'teach youth classes and sing in the choir' at the same Baptist church her father has been pastor for 40 years. Pettitte has participated in tee-ball games in the White Hose lawn, been honored as 'good guy' by the New York Sports Photographers, nominated for the Roberto Clemente Award for community service and won a Thurman Munson Award in 2006, presented by the Association for the Help of Retarded Children."

No comments: