Monday, December 10, 2007

That didn't take long.

The Baltimore Sun reports on what Jay Gibbons said:

"I am deeply sorry for the mistakes that I have made. I have no excuses and bear sole responsibility for my decisions."

I just looked up that solely to verify that Lupica / New York Daily News are stupid. This seems to verify that they transcribed Gibbons's words and simply don't know the difference between "bare" and "bear."


Happily, the search led me to this guy, who may be even stupider than Lupica.

How's this for a defense of Good Guy Jay Gibbons?:

"In the meantime, he did what most of us would have done. He waited, he sweated it out and he stepped up when the news broke. Honestly, how many of you would have held a news conference and fessed up a year or two ago?"

Wow. That is what I call "stepping up."

Speaking for myself, I am a better person just by sitting here, surfing the Net, watching Monday Night Football, and eating mushy raisin bran.

It's not much of a Monday night, granted.

But maybe Roch Kobatko ought to praise my clean livin' instead of Gibbons's post-capture contrition.

Because what I "would have done" is not cheated in the first place.

No comments: