Sunday, December 16, 2007

When your name is Justice, your opinions carry more weight.

"Andy Pettitte did the honorable thing. He didn't do it willingly, but he did do it. Good for him."

Great for him.

No: Great for the Youth of America.

In fact, Andy Pettitte is so unbelievably honest and honorable that, if Selig decides to enact stricter drug testing, I think Andy Pettitte should oversee the entire operation.


"If Pettitte had denied using performance-enhancing substances, it would have been virtually impossible not to believe him."

Did I read this correctly? "It would have been virtually impossible not to believe him"? I think you mistakenly put a "not" in your sentence, Mr. Justice.


"Players were put in a quandary during the steroids era. They saw teammates getting bigger and performing better by cheating. Inside the industry, rumors circulated that some general managers and agents encouraged players to try performance-enhancing drugs."

I love it.

I love, love, love, love, love it.

It's more than love. I lerve it.

Can't get enough of it.

It's like that bad karaoke video that you have to watch 1,000 times.

I love it when the steroid era is referred to in the past tense.

1 comment:

Darren Felzenberg said...

I have another comment about Pettitte's supposed forthrightness. Since it's my blog, I'll do it in the comments section, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Why is everybody so convinced Pettitte is telling the truth? He didn't come forward in 2003 (?), when he took the hgh. He didn't come forward last year (?), when his name was linked to Grimsley. If Pettitte had nothing to hide, then why did he hide it?

I think it's absolutely phony sincerity. It's the oldest trick in the book. The guy tearfully confesses to a lap dance at his bachelor party. The wife thoughtfully forgives him and praises his honesty. Truth is, the guy had unprotected sex with nine different prostitutes.