Monday, August 23, 2004

How could George be the Man when, clearly, Todd Jones is the Man?

"One thing that rocks about baseball and the owners is what the Yankees have done. George Steinbrenner is the man ... the Boss decided to pay because he wants to win. He's playing the game the owners want to play, and he's still beating them. I say, right on."

Please, before you unfairly judge the dubious journalistic skills of Todd Jones -- who writes as if it's still the '70s and he's still in grade school -- I challenge you to read an excerpt from this clown's book.

I can't comment too much on Olney's excerpt because I didn't actually read the whole thing. I zoned out somewhere when Chad Curtis was explaining his opinions regarding Derek Jeter's tendency to swing at the first pitch. I was always wondering what Chad Curtis though about Derek Jeter's tendency to swing at a first pitch and, wouldn't you know it? I finally get a chance to have my question answered, and I just zoned out.




No comments: