Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Through the looking glass.

The dirtdog Red Sox are 0-2 because they've stopped trying.

Yesterday, the Yankees lost even though they really won.

I actually heard Michael Kay on the radio claim that the Yankee victory was worse than the Mets loss because Mariano Rivera blew the save.

I, for one, am not going to worry for the next six months about the ALCS. Give me a one-run lead vs. Boston (or Anaheim, or Chicago, or Minnesota) in the ninth inning of Game Seven and I'll take my chances. If you want something more worrisome than Mariano Rivera, please pick one of the following:
  • Starting pitching depth.
  • Centerfield.
  • First base.
  • Designated hitter.

If everybody is going to predict the outcome of the 2005 ALCS based on one game in April (an imaginary 2005 ALCS, I might add), then I submit the following reasons for Yankee optimism:

  • Tom Gordon shut down the heart of the Red Sox lineup (six months too late).
  • Carl Pavano pitched well against the Red Sox.
  • Red Sox closer Keith Foulke lost the game.

Bring on the Cardinals!

No comments: