Sunday, April 01, 2007

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"You know the best part about the Mets having a game tonight?

It means Jose Reyes is back in season.

This is a wonderful time to be a New York baseball fan.

There are so many players to watch, and so many of them are great players, and some of those great players have a lot of World Series rings.

I would rather watch Reyes play baseball than any of them."

I'd rather watch Jason Grimsley play baseball than Billy Wagner. I think it's funny when Grimsley takes his cap off every time he walks off the mound.

Go root for Jose Reyes all you want.

But a sportswriter ought to attempt to tell the truth and ought to attempt to be consistent.

When Jose Reyes leaves six runners on base in a playoff game, I want to Lupica to write that Reyes is a choker.

I was also wondering what the Mets' "Plan B" is if Jose Reyes pulls a hamstring.

No comments: