Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You want me to pitch, too?

"Rodriguez, who is hitting .400 (30-for-75) with 14 homers and 34 RBIs, become the first player in major league history to hit 14 homers in the first 18 games of the season and tied Albert Pujols' 2006 mark for most home runs in April.

'This obviously is a tough time for us, but it's a long season. We've got to keep working ourselves out of it,' Rodriguez said.

'We need a win in the worst way. Again, I think hard work and grinding through it and supporting your teammates are the most important things.' "

When I say "tough time for 'us,' " I mean, "tough time for people who are not me."

Yesterday, I made a Nettles play at third and almost another one.

My baserunning was inspired.

Not to mention the four hits, four runs scored, and two homeruns.

I'm thinking about "supporting my teammates" by calling that guy from Sports Illustrated and setting the record straight.

No comments: