Thursday, October 11, 2007

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Suzyn Waldman is no Walter Cronkite:

"What's the big damn deal? That I cried for four seconds of a 10-minute postgame?

The idea that I can't choke up because a man I went through cancer with 11 years ago is going to lose his job and I was describing his coaches crying? It's absolutely ludicrous'

I'm not Walter Cronkite."

Walter Cronkite cried on the air when President Kennedy died. Not when Joe Torre gave a postgame press conference.


I'll explain the problem with crying on the air when the Yankees lose or Torre gets fired.

Though you're not expected to be Walter Cronkite, you're expected to tell the fans what's going on with the Yankees.

Your emotional involvment with the players clearly inhibits your ability to do so.

We all know Miguel Cairo and Wil Nieves are bad baseball players.

You act like their protective mom.

If I relied on Suzyn Waldman for baseball analysis, I'd think that every Yankee is the best player ever, and the strongest, and the best-looking, and well-mannered, too.

No comments: