Monday, October 29, 2007

So, then, everything is "stunning."

Sun stuns New York Daily News by rising in the East and setting in the West.

Tuesday stuns New York Daily News by following Monday.

Halloween sneaks up on New York Daily News. Who knew it was October 31 this year?


I mean, maybe I'm a tiny bit surprised that Boras didn't even wait for an offer from the Yankees, and maybe I'm a tiny bit surprised that ARod acted so quickly, but I'm hardly stunned by an event that has been 99.9% certain to occur and has been discussed as such for over a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hatred for Lupica is clear, but I'm pretty sure they meant "stunner" in that it happened during Game 4 and 10 days before the deadline. I think most of us were stunned that this took place last night. Maybe you're psychic though, in which case you should be very rich and not doing a blog like this.

Darren Felzenberg said...

I don't believe that is what they meant. I just think it's an overused word which no longer has meaning.

Clemens's return to the Yankees was the most dramatic thing in the history of things. Torre's long-anticipated refusal of the Yankee contract offer was "shocking." The Ravens "stun" the Bengals with 10 fourth-quarter points.

Scott Boras acting obnoxiously and in his own interest is "stunning," too?

If you're really "stunned" because of the timing, I'd have to conclude that you're stunned too easily.

It would stun me if, in the midst of a Presidential debate, Hillary Clinton pulled down her pants and urinated on the podium.

It does not stun me if Scott Boras violates some of MLB's unwritten rules. This is the guy who suggested that J.D. Drew (or was it Drew What's-His-Name, that Yankee third baseman / QB?) revoke his United States citizenship in order to bypass some of MLB's draft rules.

So, you're really stunned that he'd give Buck & McCarver something to talk about in Game Four of the World Series?

Darren Felzenberg said...

Also, the link is off and that's my fault, but this wasn't a Lupica rant. This was the Daily News headline. I doubt if Lupica had anything to do with it.