Friday, May 30, 2008

I dare you to ask him about the game.

"Many fans in the crowd at Shea stood and cheered when Torre made a pitching change in the seventh inning, and Torre waved and doffed his cap while walking back to the dugout.

'It was unexpected and appreciated,' said Torre, whose first managing job came with the Mets in 1977. 'That made me feel good.' "

You should feel good. Losing by four runs. One game under .500. You had a chance to visit the house in Westchester, drop your kid off at school, make some phone calls to Willie Randolph and "Joey" Girardi. I read all about it in the gossip pages. I mean, the "sports" pages.

You also have a nice tan. Probably the tannest major league manager in all the major leagues. Personally, I have not been keeping track. I'm so out of touch.

Let's review my day: I visited the house in Westchester, worked on my tan, made a Subway commercial, drank some green tea, dropped the kid off at school, met with a gaggle of reporters ... there's something else I was supposed to do today.

No comments: