Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What a condescending prick.

It's beyond belief that the lapdog writers still think this guy is classy. Torre can barely conceal his contempt when discussing Joe Girardi:

"He’s going to get better. And when I say that, it doesn’t mean he’s not a good manager now."

Girardi has won Manager of the Year in 100% of the years he has been a manager.


"He’s very intelligent. He’s got a feel for the game."

I'll give you $20 right now if you can spell "intelligent."


"New York is unlike any other experience you’re ever going to have. There’s no question. There’s a certain adjustment to that. But as far as I’m concerned, Joe Girardi is a good choice for Brian Cashman. In saying that, Don Mattingly obviously was one of my coaches. I felt badly that he didn’t get the chance over there, but you certainly had to understand why Girardi got it."

It's obvious that you root against the Yankees every single day. Personally, I understand the sentiment. The dark shadow of schadenfreude. It's the same reason I root against the Dodgers every day.


Actually, what I'm really rooting for is a Dodgers/Yankees World Series. While Girardi is checking the lefty/righty splits, Torre is regaling the press with stories about Roy Campanella.

Torre brings in Proctor with runners at second and third, tie game, 8th inning. Torre instructs Proctor to intentionally walk Abreu to set up a double play. Proctor throws a patented belt-high 95-mph fastball to ARod.

Are you there, God? It's me, Felz. Can you make this happen if I pray and pray and pray?

No comments: